What is the need of wearing Colored Contacts?
Colored contacts are those lenses which are available in different shapes and patterns that are available in all almost all the leading Optical stores. The one who is having specs can opt for these contact lenses to get a new look that makes them move free without the need of wearing their regular glasses as they need to be taken care every time for not falling down or broken. They are advantageous to get an instant bold look. But on the other hand, there are also disadvantageous in some aspects which every contact lens wearer needs to know. Very few people know that colored contacts are made of chemical which is progressively released and show side effects on the eyes. When a person is wearing cheap colored contacts they should be very careful while inserting and removing them from their eyes as they are not that durable as the high-quality contacts used to be. Any kind of mishandling may damage the contacts or the eye of the individual which may affect their visibility.
Disadvantages of Colored Contacts that are Cheap:
Colored lenses are advantageous to get styled according to their costume and are the perfect accessory to carry on when going for a Halloween party. But these colored contacts do possess some side effect on eyes and few are mentioned below:
- When one removes these colored contacts from their eyes they need to be placed in their prescribed solution to keep them hydrated and clean. Although they are soft when came into contact of any foreign substance may cause redness of the eye or even worsen the condition, such as an allergic reaction.
- In certain cases, they are not capable of providing sufficient nutrient to the cornea and may reduce the permeability of oxygen intake which is dangerous. The colored contacts don’t work for everyone, for example, the people who have diopters or astigmatism.
- Even though they cosmetically change the color of your eye but not comfortable to wear day long as clear lenses, as they are painted-on iris which cut downs contacts oxygen transmission. The color is usually plated on the surface of normal contacts but prevents breathability and oxygen penetration as it blocks the air holes on contacts which don’t even get enough nutrition.
- The prolong wearing of colored contacts lenses that are made of cheap quality material lead to pathological changes on the cornea which affects the eyesight. Wear them not more than 8 hours each day and change every five days a week.
- If you love to wear color contacts, then it is advised to the wearer to keep them clean every time before and after wearing them. Give some rest to your eyes and choose only those contacts which suit with your eyes and feel you comfortable wearing them those are made of high quality.
For the safety of eyes, it is advised to buy high-quality contact lenses that are available in different shades and designs as eyes are the most delicate part and necessary for vision. Bad-quality color contact can damage your eyes. Although they are alternative to specs and become kind of ornaments, try to wear them occasionally to protect your eyes from any injuries or infections.