Skin problems are too common these days, which can make your life uncomfortable. If you are one of them, who are suffering from certain types of skin problems, then you have to get the right treatment on time. To get the treatment you have to know the causes first.
What are skin ulcers?
A skin ulcer is explained as an open sore that is caused by poor blood circulation. A good flow of blood is important for healing wounds. But if you are suffering from blood circulation problems, minor injuries will not be able to heal properly, then you have to get help from a skin doctor. Because an injury can result in a skin ulcer over time. If an ulcer gets infected it should be treated immediately. Infected sores are severe as the infection can spread all over the body.
There are certain body parts which can be affected by skin ulcers include-:
Well, skin ulcers are too common in old age people, so if you know anyone who is suffering from this problem, then you have to refer him to a skin clinic for treatment. At the clinic, the doctor will examine him properly and then try to find the cause behind the ulcer. Only after proper examination, he will start treatment to cure the skin ulcer problem of roots.
Symptoms of Skin ulcer
A skin ulcer generally looks like a round, open sore in the skin. During the early stage of this problem, you will notice skin discoloration such as it could look red. In addition to this, if you have a darker skin tone it might look bright or gray. There are several other symptoms of skin ulcers include-:
- Yellow or green pus
- Changes in skin texture
These are the symptoms of skin ulcers if you notice any one of them, then you have to visit the doctor as soon as possible to get the right treatment on time.
Causes of Skin ulcers
There are several causes of skin ulcers, in which the main cause is poor blood flow or when you experience blood circulation problems. Other causes are-:
- Constant Pressure blocks blood flow to your skin tissues.
- Venous insufficiency
- Pregnancy-: Hormonal changes as well as increased blood volume
- Cigarette smoking
- Limited mobility
- Old age
- High blood pressure and cholesterol
- Being overweight
- History of blood clots
Certain other uncommon causes of Skin Ulcers
- Melanoma skin cancer and Basal cell Carcinoma
- Infections include fungal, viral, and bacterial.
- Certain medications also lead you to skin ulcers.
- Radiation burns
Types of skin ulcers
- Decubitus Ulcers or AKA Pressure Ulcers)
- Venous Skin Ulcers
- Arterial Skin Ulcers
- Neuropathic Skin Ulcers or AKA Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Ulcer-Like Skin Wounds
Skin ulcers treatment
There are several treatment options available to get rid of skin ulcers include-:
- Medications to get relief from pain.
- Certain home remedies also help you to get rid of them include leg elevation, use honey, turmeric, and saline solution too.
- If you are unable to get rid of skin ulcers with these treatment options then you have to go with surgical procedure.