Liposuction surgery is quite good and beneficial for getting a natural appearance. Due to its effectiveness, it may also arise some risk factors that can decrease the overall success rate of this treatment. People undergoing liposuction can experience several complications. In this Article, the side effects of this treatment are outlined
You can also seek help from experienced surgeons as they provide better advice regarding liposuction & its recovery.
Before undergoing this procedure, a question often comes into your mind. Is liposuction a Painful treatment?
Here are some of the reasons that describe liposuction is a hurtless process.
Liposuction is a Hurtful Procedure.
It is an invasive or surgical procedure so there could be a possibility of pain during or after the procedure, but sedatives or painkillers are given to the patients to get some relief or manage it. Moreover, professional doctors revealed that the level of pain is directly proportional to the fat removal amount. They have also concluded that the first four to five days are worst as the patient is suffering from pain or discomfort. To reduce the discomfort level, powerful or effective medicines are given during liposuction surgery.
Potential Complications of Liposuction surgery
Difficulties from the ongoing procedure can occur due to various factors. In excessive liposuction for a single session, many negative reactions occurred due to the injected fluid. The risk factors or probability of danger are built into the general anesthesia process.
Complications of liposuction surgery including laser or ultrasound can cause unbearable burns, but it is quite safe when it is performed by a team of professional doctors. Along with that, if a patient doesn’t follow the instructions, he has to experience several difficulties during the proper healing process.
Following are some of the Potential post-surgical difficulties:
- Infection: Believe it or not, every invasive method arises the risk of infection. This should be reduced or managed when you know about the infection symptoms properly and seek relevant treatment to tackle it.
- Nerve Injury: In some cases, patients suffer from nerve trauma that may lead to burning pain in the specific areas of the body. There are lots of equipment available that can decrease & manage the pain level.
- Skin Irregularities: Some changes in the skin is considered as the most common side effect of the overall healing process. These changes or irregularities can become permanent if you don’t take care of it. Skinn irregularities often arise when the elasticity of a patient’s skin is poor.
- Fat Embolism: To make it easy to remove fat cells are lost, but sometimes, fat can escape into the blood vessels that can further form clots that are very harmful.
- Skin necrosis: This type of complication occurs when the patient’s skin dies or completely infected.
- Blood clots: This complication can build up a greater risk of DVT which can be very harmful.
Harmful Side effects of Liposuction Treatment.
Some of the Common Side effects of this surgery are enlisted below:
- Swelling: This side effect is common during the healing process as the fluid takes some time to drain may be a week or more.
- Bruising: Some significant bruising occurred at the incision site during the healing process.
- Burning sensation: A nerve burning pain can arise in the first two weeks following liposuction.